Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You know what??

I have to stop putting off posting. Really, it's because the idea of writing a blow-by-blow account of our wedding is 1. totally exhausting, and 2. actually probably impossible to achieve in a way that I'm happy with. It was such a perfect day, although slightly blurry in parts, and I don't think I can really do it justice. So here's what I'm going to do. I will jump back in and continue with the old blog. Every so often I may feel moved to include some details and/or pictures from the wedding, and when that happens, you'll get another taste of the day. In the meantime, however, I must confess that I. AM. OVER. WEDDINGS.

Like A Practical Wedding, I will likely talk about marriage, and all the issues and loveliness that it entails. But I am also in a major nesting mode, so I WILL be talking about throw pillows and paint at some point, I'm sure. Sorry Meg :) This was never expressly a "wedding blog" - in fact I started it as a way to share my creative workings and mullings - and so I will return to simply blogging about my life, my obsessions, and the like.

But just because this is probably my favorite product of our wedding (apart from um, my MARRIAGE), I'll share some of our photobooth pictures.

We couldn't afford to hire a photographer. Period. Luckily my husband is a professional photog, and there were at least ten OTHER professional photogs at the wedding. So we ended up getting some amazing shots for free! We also couldn't afford to rent a photobooth, so we decided to set up our own. A dear friend of Matt's volunteered some equipment (huge lights and a giant grey seamless), we set up Matt's digital on his tripod, wrote up some instructions, and let people go nuts. And go nuts they did.

We ended up with over 400 pictures from the photobooth alone. Matt edited them down, and now I present you with a tiny selection from his edits. Enjoy!




























2 comments:

  1. wow seriously so many photos! they are all so fun. i was wondering when you'd be back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantabulous. P.S. The picture of you smiling with two of your girls is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete