Friday, September 4, 2009

My vision

So as all my millions of ideas have percolated down into the ultimate vision of our wedding, I though I would share some that made the final cut.

Centerpieces: I posted this image a few months ago, and for whatever reason, it stuck with me. It's just so simple, but so elegant and romantic and calm. Matt and I started saving our used glass jars, in order to make this element a little greener. Now my parents, my sister, and some of our family friends are saving theirs as well! I love the idea that all these people we love are going to contribute something from their everyday lives to our wedding tables.


via apartment therapy

Our ceremony is going to be outside, in a little clearing called The Bell Garden. I saw this next image about six months ago, right after we got engaged, and it's a large part of why I was so gung-ho about getting married outdoors. One of my favorite things about this wedding (which is also one of my favorite weddings) is the cranes they had hanging behind them during the ceremony.

"Cranes have always occupied a special place in Asian history and culture. Cranes are considered auspicious and symbolize longevity & good health. It is believed that cranes mate for life and both male & female work together to build their nest. Thus, cranes may be the perfect symbol for your wedding. They say that if you fold 1000 paper cranes, then your heart’s desire will come true"(source).

This couple had friends and family fold as many cranes as they could in the months leading up to the wedding. They then collected them, and used them to decorate their ceremony and reception sites. Don't you love it? Matt and I decided early on that we wanted to do this... only we haven't QUITE gotten around to sending paper out to anyone. EEK! This is now moving to the top of my to-do list....


via green wedding shoes

And finally (for now) here is my own version of an inspiration board - everything on here is (hopefully) going to be incorporated in some way:



(from top left) The first two pictures are from this amazing wedding, posted on snippet and ink a while back. The theme was sunshine! Too awesome. The next picture is from yet another awesome yellow wedding, via once wed, via one love photography. My super talented cousin is making us flag garlands, just like in the picture, only with lots of different colors - like a quilt!! The blue and yellow bird garland is from redbird crafts - I am making something similar myself. The print is from Freya's etsy shop (really, check it out). I'm ashamed to say that I can't remember where the pom-pom picture came from (if you know, please tell me so I can link it!) but I'm really feeling them in yellow and white. So festive! The happy balloon pictures are via jerry yoon photography. And the sunflowers are, well, sunflowers :)

That's enough for now... there are more plans in the works, but this post is getting too long! More later - including our invitations!

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that image of all the jars. So simple and beautiful. It's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, it sounds like you have a lot of great decorations coming along. love the yellow and all the saved jars. i'll definitely save glass jars when i get married someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jars make such a gorgeous centrepiece. And rainy ceremonies are the best. My favourite photograph of our wedding is us standing under an umbrella when it started to rain during our ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the centrepiece and the paper cranes. Great wedding ideas!

    ReplyDelete